Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ice Cream Sandwiches and Paper Airplanes

I thought it was time for something new. On Wednesday I have always posted something from my book. Now, I'm going to try and post a fun family activitiy that you and yours could enjoy. It might be a treat, a craft, and adventure. I guess we'll just have to find out. I'm all about simple, cheap and fun and this next activity is just that. Paper airplane contest with homemade ice cream sandwiches. My family loved doing this...even my husband, which leads me to believe that even teenagers might enjoy it.
For the airplanes you just need paper and anything you want to decorate them with (Stickers, markers, glitter). This is a no rules contest. Just have everyone make a plane, line up on a starting line and say go. You could even award prizes (farthest distance, coolest art, longest airtime, best spiral...get creative).


For the ice cream sandwiches we just made my sister in law Liz's recipe for Chewy Chocolate Cookies and left out the peanut butter chips but I'm sure you could leave them in if your heart desires. After they had cooked and cooled we put about 1/2 c. of slightly softened ice cream between two cookies. We used playdough ice cream which looks lovely and in my opinion tastes disgusting (but my kids really love it), and cookie dough ice cream. If you were feeling super ambitious you could always make homemade icecream. It was a definite winner!

Recipe for Chewy Chocolate Cookies
1 1/4 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cups cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 10 oz. bag peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350. Mix first 4 ingredients. Mix dry ingredients in a seperate bowl and then add it to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix in peanut butter chips (optional). Drop onto cookie sheets, bake 8-9 minutes and cool completely.


I hope you enjoy it THIS MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment