Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Are You Doing What Makes You Happy?



With one arm holding the phone, I rushed around the kitchen wiping off counters, stacking dishes in the dish-washer, and browning meat for dinner. I was talking with my mom about financial woes, injuries, the deadline for this book, doctor visits, and new school clothes, when she pointed out to me, “When you get to be my age, you look back on your life and realize that so much of what you thought was a big deal, didn’t really matter at all.”

The wisest people in my life are always telling me to take pictures, write down the funny things your kids say, spend more time with your kids, go on dates, have more sex, or take a vacation. No one ever tells me to have a cleaner house, worry more about finances, or buy the kids more new clothes because they know in the end those things are just not a big deal and that they are not what create happily ever afters. 

(Excerpt from chapter four)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You to everyone who helped out and came to support with the Launch of "Family Ever After" at the Santaquin City Library. I had a wonderful time and enjoyed getting to meet new people. If you weren't able to make it and you would like a signed book you can purchase them from me or click on the picture of Family Ever After and it will take you to Barnes and Noble's web site. You can also purchase it on line at Amazon or Familius. This is a Great book for Mother's Day or to give as wedding gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment