Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Treasure Hunt With a Twist


The dirt is piled about six inches high.
I suppose I should have been watching
a little closer.

Before I share with you our family fun activity this week I thought you would enjoy a day in the life of moment. These things always happen on the days you have the least room for inconveniences. This is what I found in my car. Sometimes I wonder what my two year old is thinking...I suppose I've decided two year olds don't actually think, they just do. Seriously, who doesn't like a sandbox in their car? I'm really needing my car detailed now, but I'm kinda wondering what would be the point?
 -------------------------------------------------------------
I think we found something!
Okay, on to the fun. This weeks family fun idea is quick and simple. Treasure hunting with a medal detector. A good friend gave us an old metal detector but you can rent them online or at local shops. If you live by me your welcome to borrow ours. If you think it is something your family would enjoy frequently it might be best to buy. Don't forget to bring a shovel and something to hide your treasures in. Our loot: a penny, a piece of copper wire, a ball of aluminum foil, a nail, and a screw. My kids can't wait to do it again.

Probablly the coolest screw and nail we
have ever seen!
Digging for treasure
 For our treat we went with a family favorite. No Bakes. Sorry, but the cookies disapeared before I could take pictures.






No Bake Cookies                                              
2 C. sugar
1/2 C. milk
1/2 C. butter
1/8 tsp. salt
3 Tblsp. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C. peanut butter
3 C. oats

Combine sugar, milk, butter, salt, and cocoa in pan over medium high. Stir until boiling, boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, add vanilla,  peanut butter and then oats. Mix until coated. Drop by Tbsp. onto foil or parchment paper to cool. (We accidentally left out 1 cup of sugar. They still tasted pretty yummy but they didn't set well)


No comments:

Post a Comment