Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hiking in the Desert

There is one fabulous thing about living in Utah. The mountains. There is always great hiking. My kids and I have been thoroughly enjoying some desert hikes. This particular hike was up to the P (stands for Payson). My youngest, Jackson 2 and Julia 4 walked the entire hike. I did have to bribe them with a few snacks and water but we made it!

Our Adventure Begins

Ella felt like an explorer crawling up the P, Daniel brought his sling shot and did away with some spiders, Julia loved blowing the giant dandelion seeds and Jackson was thrilled every time he got to throw a rock at something. I was just happy to be outside doing something fun with my kids.

It didn't get steep until we reached the base of the P.
Then we were all adventurous and climbed up, and of course what goes up must slide back down on their bums.

I challenge you all to find a mountain, a trail, a path and follow it up with the family. Making family memories and being apart of something doesn't have to be expensive. It doesn't have to be time consuming or crafty, it just needs to happen. Usually before we leave on one of our adventures or do a cheap indoor craft or game one of my kids is complaining that they don't want to do it, but they are always happy afterwards. Do something this Holiday weekend with your family that is outdoors and just enjoy one another. Life moves too fast not to.

Back at the car, dirty, hot, and happy! Go do something fun with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment