Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Dream of Ever After


(another excerpt from chap. 3)

I can’t count the numerous times I have deceived myself by saying or thinking, “I have given up everything for my spouse and children.” One particularly pathetic day, as I was moping over the hefty sacrifices I had made to have a family, I had an epiphany. In a life changing moment, I realized I didn’t give up everything; I simply made the choice to let one dream go in pursuit of a better dream, a dream I wanted more. That dream was my family. I realized that if I had not had my children, I would have been lonely and longing for children. If I had pursued a master’s degree or my dream career, I would be in major debt, missing my unborn children. I realized that day that I was definitely on the greener side of the mountain. We can’t possibly chase every exciting pathway we find. We have to choose, and I’m guessing that, like me, you chose to pursue the dream of happily ever after. So instead of dwelling on our old and still unfulfilled dreams of sanity, exciting careers, freedom, travel, and so forth, we should work on making our current dream, the dream we chose, sensational.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Thank you for the comments last time...they were wonderful! Keep them coming and please continue to share this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment