Monday, October 15, 2012

Got Your Ever After?

     Okay, so I know I disappeared for a while. My upcoming book, "Family Ever After" has been consuming my world. We had to push back our deadline, because I am not the oh so speedy writer I thought I was. I am however well on my way into my 10th round of editing . . . that's not a joke. Family Ever After will soon be making its debut in April 2013. My world is consumed with editing, and cleaning up the toilet water Jackson loves to play in. He totally drank it yesterday. I thought about calling poison control, but for some reason I don't think they would have been able to help. Anyway, I thought I might leave you with a tidbit of what I've been working on. Enjoy.

Family Ever After--Somewhere in chapter 1
     As the pace of life quickened, our waistlines began to fill, our hairlines began to recede, and the stress of life began to creep in. As our children joined the ride of our lives, our bed became the communal sleep fortress, and we forgot what it was like to have a solid night of rest. We would blow a kiss and holler an ‘I love you’ as we passed through the portal of our home.  It was as if there was a constant time lapse between us, and we could never land ourselves in the same place at the same time.
     My happily ever after was quickly transforming into a heap of work, and I found myself thinking, “This is not what I signed up for-this is not how I pictured my happily ever after.”  Then I realized, maybe this is what I signed up for and I just don’t know how to make my ever after happy. I began to wonder, maybe it is possible to have a happily ever after even when my white picket fence is broken, my ‘beautiful’ lawn is dead,  and my children are less than angelic.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle!

    My name is Rachel and I have a blog called "Family Ever After" (www.familyeverafterblog.com). Sounds like we have a lot in common! I have a few things to run by you. I'm unable to find an email to reach you at, so I'm hoping you'll contact me via email at familyeverafter at gmail dot com. Try to get back to me by tomorrow. If I don't hear from you, I'll go ahead and post my email as a comment. Thanks Michelle!


    ReplyDelete