Saturday, June 16, 2012

Just Wait Until Your Dad Gets Home...Happy Fathers Day


Just wait until your Dad comes home. These are such endearing and thought provoking words. I wonder how it was I got so lucky to have such a great father. I remember how excited I was every time he came home from his business trips. I would give him a hug and breath in the very memorable, smoky, stale, airplane smell.  I reflect on the commotion created every evening when my husband comes home. Little noses pressed against the window until the door creeks, then a herd of kiddos huddle around their dad for hugs and kisses. I wonder again, how did I get so lucky to have such a great husband, who is such a great Dad to my children? I realize I’m so lucky, because his father taught him. Then I start thinking about how I have such great brothers and brothers in law, who were taught by their fathers to be amazing men and incredible Dads. Our families are history in the making, lead by great men, teaching, praying, maybe making a few mistakes, but always loving.
     I often mention to my husband in jest how he could never get along without me, but the truth is I could never get along without him. The father’s and Grandfathers in our lives are irreplaceable. If you haven’t heard it enough, we need you, we love you, and we appreciate you! Here’s to our Grandfathers who taught our fathers, who taught their sons, who teach their sons and daughters today. May lifes greatest joys manifest themselves and flow down on you this Fathers Day.





1 comment:

  1. Oh Michelle, we really need to get you an updated picture! Well, maybe not, come to think of it. I want to let you know that I too remember the smokey smell of my father's clothes when he had been traveling and in conferences where most of the participants smoked. He used to hang them in the bathroom with the window open to air them out. I really do not like cigarette smoke but that is a strong memory for me about a father who never smoked.

    ReplyDelete