Monday, September 16, 2013

Are You Married To Your Husband Or Your Child?

If there is one thing I don't want to be, it's my husband's mother. He already has one and she has done a great job! Sometimes it's easy to lower the status of our husbands because they do annoying things like leave their clothes on the floor, leave their dirty dishes out and then get upset at the kids for doing the same thing, or forget to put down the toilet seat. I get it but I also get that there is more to him than that. There is a strong man who knows how to work hard and who has goals and dreams just as I do.

I really don't want another kid. I want a husband. I want someone I can confide in. I want someone to protect me. I want someone to go on dates with, and I want someone who can help me laugh (even if it's because he's a little less mature than me). Who knows, maybe I'm just too serious.

What about the flip side. Don't you ever get tired of hearing "My wife's the boss, she controls my life." I am not my husbands boss. I want a partnership not a hierarchy. I admit, I may at times tell him to take out the trash or give the kids a bath. My husband however has caught on and tries to beat me to the request, which I love! It means he knows what needs to done and that means we can do it together. No man wants another boss.

It is important to note that people usually act the way they are treated. Marriage is not an institution to take on an extra child or spend your entire life being bossed around. It is about love, service, patience, and forgiveness. It is about coming together as one to do great things. It is about achieving our dreams and goals, raising our children, and become better people--together--as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment