Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Home for the Holidays: 7 Tips To enjoy the Holidays...With Your Family



This picture is compliments of EllaAnne and her artistic computer abilities!
 A few tips for enjoying the Holidays


1. Love your extended family just the way they are. Life isn’t about changing other people it’s about loving them.

2. Stop working. Give yourself work free time with your family…as much as you can physically and… mentally handle that is.

3. Maintain or start a new tradition. Do something that brings you closer together and something you as a family can look forward to all year.

4. Don’t eat too much! Good luck with that one! I know you can do it!

5. Write it down. Write about your holidays in your journal or on your blog. Share it with the people you love and preserve the memories at the same time.

6. Don’t overdo it. “Life is to be enjoyed not just endured.” –Gordon B. Hinckley. The same holds true for the holidays. If you need to buy rolls at the store do it. If you need to delegate the pies do it. If you don’t have the money don’t spend it.

7. Be GRATEFUL – It’s easy to be overwhelmed at the holidays. There is no need for you to be keeping up with anyone. The best cure I have found for holiday anxiety, low funds, and stress is Gratitude. When you start becoming overwhelmed start being thankful. I’ll demonstrate.

-Today I am thankful that my cold is almost cleared up!

-Today I am thankful that my first draft of my upcoming book is almost complete!

-Today I am thankful that my kids go to such a great school!

-Today I am thankful that Julia’s ear infection is clearing up!

-Today I am thankful that Ella gave me hug and told me she loved me before school started!

-Today I am thankful I had time to read Jackson stories!

-Today I am thankful for my hidden stash of Nutella!

-Today I am thankful that Daniel was excited to study for the geography bee!

-Today I am thankful that my husband took the kids to school!

-Today I am grateful for people like you who care about families, who try to do good, and who keep trying even when life is hard! Thank you!

Now you try. Today I am thankful for __________________. (Fill in the blank)

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the coming Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for my sons and daughters: James, Liz, Heather, Joe, Michelle, Bryce, Justin, Jodi, Marquie, Patrick.

    ReplyDelete